When you take charge as an Assistant Manager you are responsible for the selection, development and performance of our Team Members. You will ensure our guests enjoy an extraordinary experience by demonstrating and empowering Team Members to live up to our company message – “Serving With H.E.A.R.T.S. in Mind”.
You’ll drive our success and we’ll reward you with opportunities to build your career with America’s #1 Mexican Restaurant since 2006. Are you up to the challenge?
• Work with GM and AGM to achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of Team Members and creating a positive, productive working environment.
• Assist in selecting and retaining hourly Team Members. Motivate all Team Members by providing ongoing training and development; measure and evaluate service levels and standards using Guest and Team Member feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement.
• Develop Team Members for future leadership roles within the company.
• Motivate, support and communicate with Team Members during regular pre-shift meetings.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at
• Resolve guest issues quickly and sensitively to ensure our guests have an extraordinary dining experience
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the
restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Administrative work including but not limited to: human resources, payroll, accounts payable, risk management and marketing.
• All other duties as necessary for the successful running of the restaurant.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma/GED OR 2+ years related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Customer service focused and oriented.
• Language & Math Skills: Able to read and interpret financial and written information; Able to speak effectively.
• Reasoning Ability: Able to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions and data.
• Must be able to work an average of 50-55 hours work per week.
• Skillful planner with knowledge of basic business fundamentals.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to resolve conflict.
• Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships and leading others
• Infectious, positive attitude that inspires others.
• Must be able to stand and walk for periods of eight to ten hours in length, each shift.
• Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly during a shift. At times it might be necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly required to stand, use hands, talk and hear.
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job the Team Member is regularly exposed to machinery with moving mechanical parts, sharp objects and open flames. The Team Member can sometimes be exposed to wet, humid, cold or hot conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Team Members are regularly required to stand, use hands, talk and hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The Team Member must frequently be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We value our Team Members time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, bonus plan and an extensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, 401K plan and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our Team Members, where people can learn and grow with the company.