City Gear Assistant Manager is responsible for assistant store managers with the management of the entire store which includes but is not limited to leading a dynamic customer service oriented team, creating a best in class shopping experience for all City Gear customers, achieving store sales and marketing goals and compliance on all store operational procedures, including payroll and inventory control. You must operate within and enforce City Gear’s Mission and Cultural Elements. The ultimate goal of the Assistant Manager is to be promotable.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, disciplining and separation of associates when
- Assist in training, coaching and development of staff in customer service and overall sales
- Aide in fostering a cohesive, team-oriented
- Identify training needs of individual associates and work with manager to
- Assist in training staff on operational excellence and maintain an organized and orderly work environment.
- Manage payroll through effective scheduling for the needs of the business, and to deter
- Cultivate open and constant communication with entire staff using company
- Consistently execute company merchandise directives including ad sets and promotional changes. Train staff to merchandise and incorporate new receipts into current floor-set.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly store.
- 2-3 years verifiable work experience and 1-2 years prior manager experience
- Proven ability to increase
- Ability to expand customer base through high-level customer service and marketing of
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate learning at all
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to execute objectives related to payroll, visual presentations and shrink
- College degree preferred, but not
- Ability to spend up to 100 % of work time standing, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, climbing, walking, reaching and other physical activities. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.