This is a summary of some of the key duties, responsibilities, and physical demands expected of this position. It is not intended to be a complete job description.
Position Title: Assistant Manager
Assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management by performing the following duties. Employees in this position must be at least 18 years or older, except where such requirements are prohibited by law.
- Assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management, including customer relations, inventory control, procedural tasks and paperwork, as well as visual merchandising.
- Maintains both individual and shift sales.
- Provides daily shift floor coverage.
- Trains Sales Associates.
- Supervises POS.
- Provides security & loss prevention in store.
- Oversees contest management (Tracking Results & Coaching Performance).
- Organizes shipments, transfers & merchandise.
- Performs maintenance of store.
- Opens and closes store.
- Holds accountability for store sales and metrics.
- Holds accountability for stock and merchandise flow.
- Maintains company standards regarding personal and store sales/performance metrics.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 8 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.