Assistant Manager, Mortgage Loan Operations
PenFed is hiring an Assistant Manager, Mortgage Loan Operations in Plano, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to monitor the daily activities of the Operations section of the department ensuring the timely and accurate completion of team responsibilities within established guidelines. This position provides management oversight and support of mortgage operations in several PenFed locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Provide oversite to Supervisor, Mortgages and review individual scorecards completed for team.
* Responsible for monitoring and shifting resources as needed and reporting trends on work flow to Manager, Mortgage Operations.
* Follow up with staff on exception loans to ensure resolution in a timely manner as needed. Serve as the primary escalation point for member issues that staff/Supervisors are unable to resolve. May consult with Manager on exceptions to normal policies and procedures before making decisions.
* Remain current on all mortgage related regulations and changes and keeps section staff informed.
* Complete necessary reports to assist with loan pipeline management. Monitor PFCU funding reports as required and review and approve loan wire request.
* Monitor work of the team for accuracy and completeness of loan applications as needed.
* Responsible for hiring staff and managing performance including coaching and initiating disciplinary action.
* Recommend and implements new ideas and ensures thorough research and involvement from all appropriate areas of the credit union.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provide the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
* Five (5) to seven (7) years related work experience, preferably in mortgage lending.
* Experience managing mortgage operations that involved customer interaction.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills required, attention to detail required, MS office general knowledge required.
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
* There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.