Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21’s Retail Operations Team and showcase your fashion retail skills while working with our exceptional retail staff!
Position: Assistant Manager
Department: Remote-Store Operations
Reports to: Store Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: Yes
Department Summary: Forever 21 is seeking an analytical, energetic, and passionate team leader to add to our dynamic Retail Operations team!
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for supervising a range of store duties which includes overseeing the registers, visual aesthetic of store, loss prevention, launches, newly hired Associates, and the training for leaders on duty. In accordance with company-defined practices and processes, the Assistant Manager will also administer all aspects of facility issues, loss prevention audits, safety trainings and administrative duties to ensure the highest quality in-store experience for both our store team and customers.
- Actively participate in store walkthroughs with the Store Manager and District leaders to ensure consistency in the quality of service, operation and visual execution
- Lead overall store earnings by driving top line sales and managing controllable contribution. This includes educating Associates on ways to drive sales through promoting service standards, product knowledge, etc.
- Support daily merchandising, floor set planning and execution, replenishment, launches, updates, planning and execution, shipment, zero selling reports, loss prevention, and service
- Monitor daily payroll planner, adjusting schedules accordingly, and completing register audits as necessary
- Ensure all delivery information is accurately reported to verify all shipment‐related paperwork meet audit requirements
- Identify and execute training decisions to maximize business opportunities per the company strategy
- Follow up closely with the Store Manager on a daily basis for any current or upcoming open position
- Assist the Store Manager with ensuring that talent management is achieved. This includes recruiting, onboarding, networking, new hire documents, training, engagement, retention, and recognition initiatives for the store
- Train, coach and direct Associates on merchandise handling, shipment processing, merchandise presentation, and visual techniques as needed
- Communicate training assessments with corporate organization and utilize the development and implementation of training courses. This includes identifying and arranging suitable training solutions for employees
- Collaborate and help execute with the leadership team to make product placement adjustments based on selling, inventory ownership, store design type, assortment levels, and merchandising report
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of retail experience. Prior supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must be skilled in coaching and training, sales generation, strategic planning, and customer service.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and work with cleaning chemicals.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may include closing and weekend shifts.
At Forever 21, style isn’t dictated…It’s inspired. Forever 21 is the leading fashion retailer of the latest trends and the season’s hottest styles at can’t-resist-prices. U.S. and international locations stay true to the fast-fashion destination’s iconic store aesthetic giving fashion fans all over the globe the unforgettable shopping experience that is the one and only Forever 21.
Joining the Forever 21 family means joining an incredible team of talented, passionate and innovative people who work together to bring fashion to everyone, everywhere. We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals eager to thrive in our fast-paced, dynamic environment filled with vast opportunities for career growth and development. This is a place where your ideas become actualized, creativity is encouraged and the possibilities are endless.
Forever 21 will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance NO. 184652.
Be part of something epic. Be part of Forever 21. Apply today!