Reports to: STORE MANAGER
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Assistant Manager positively impacts customer growth and revenue and ensures store credit ismaintained at an appropriate level through sales activities, account management while providing totalcustomer satisfaction. This role helps manage profit by following established policies and proceduresincluding, but not limited to, cash and inventory controls and order verifications. The Assistant Manageraccomplishes these in a way that is consistent with the RAC mission statement and core values.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions. The ASSISTANT MANAGER will:
1. Be responsible for Customer and Revenue growth/maintenance
2. Greet and assist customers on the sales floor
3. Obtain new rental orders on the sales floor and over the phone
4. Complete rental agreements as required
5. Prospect for new business by telemarketing and distributing print materials6. Keep coworkers informed of promotions and products
1. Assist Store Manager with training and providing oversight in absence of StoreManager
1. Refurbish merchandise to like new condition
2. Keep showroom, backroom, and all store areas neat, clean and organized,
including vacuuming, dusting, and handling household cleaning materials
Required Education and Experience
• Must be at least 19 years of age• High school diploma or GED• 1 – 3 years of retail/customer service, sales, or collections experience• Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
Ideally, a candidate for a Rent-A-Center ASSISTANT MANAGER is:• Friendly, with exceptional communication skills• Dynamic, with an outgoing personality and a desire to learn• Customer service oriented• Seeking a career, not just a job• Accountable, able to meet and beat business targets & goals• Experienced, with a proven track record of being dependable and responsible
1. Drive & Tenacity/ Resilience
2. Teamwork & Collaboration
3. Customer Service & Communication
4. Conflict Management
5. Adapting to Change
6. Team Leadership
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a coworker tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, thecoworker is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing,walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The coworker mustfrequently lift and/or move (push/pull) heavy items and merchandise. Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception andability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (approximately 38 – 40 hours per week), and days and hours of work areMonday through Saturday, store open to close hours. Schedules and hours per week/overtime workmay change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed tomeet the ongoing needs of the organization.