THE J.CREW ASSISTANT MANAGER
[Hourly Part-Time, reports to a store director]
What The Role is All About
Our Assistant Managers:
- Set the pace for all associates as selling and service leaders.
- Are energized by creating a customer experience that exceeds expectation and drives loyalty.
- Own the selling floor, placing the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Motivate the team to achieve their SPH and KPIs.
- Master and own their DORs.
What We Expect You To Bring
Starting on day one, you should:
- Enjoy working hard and always be up for a challenge.
- Have a track record of setting and achieving goals and always see things through from start to finish.
- Make smart decisions by: actively listening, understanding data and looking beyond the obvious.
- Know your strengths and limits and balance knowledge of process and judgment to guide actions.
- Address tough situations quickly, providing complete and actionable feedback.
What You Can Expect
To be part of a team of the best and brightest that:
- Believes in our products and services.
- Knows the customer and delivers our quality, value, design and style message.
- Maximizes opportunities to grow the business and consistently questions what can be done better.
- Generates ideas to evolve the business.
- Is market-aware, forward thinking and global.
- Fosters collaboration and productivity.
- Knows when to act and when to partner.
How We Measure Results
We expect that you will:
- Lead productive selling floor shifts that meet or exceed the SPH goal.
- Look for omni solutions to exceed customer expectations.
- Provide the communication and tools needed for the team to achieve their KPIs.
- Align activities around Top Four on the Floor and other selling and service initiatives.
- Successfully complete facilitated, on-the-job and mobile learning.
Our Assistant Managers:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent combo of education and experience.
- Have 2 or more years of experience with similar scope, specialty retail preferred.
- Communicate effectively and confidently.
- Process information and operate store systems accurately.
- Assist in processing and replenishing and keeping the store looking great.
- Are available when we are busy, including: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Are facile with technology and apps and familiar with industry-related blogs and feeds.
- Must bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds |18 kilos.
- Must regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.