2-3 years' supervisory work experience in healthcare patient access or related pursuit with a demonstrated ability to apply healthcare patient best practice policies and procedures to the work of subordinate staff.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analysis data and transpose it into reports for staff understanding
The following are the major functions/performance expextations:
- Plans and directs the daily activities of personnel engaged in registering patients.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written when interacting with other departments, administrations, clinical staff, and patients
- Analyzes, interprets and administers all federal and state regulations and insurance company requirements which includers Pre-Admission testing, Radilogy, Wound Care, Bed Assigments and Emergency Room
- Processes all cancelled admissions as reported by the Case Management and Health Information Management.
- Process patient status transfers and date changes
- Participates in the interviewing process for new staff with Patient Access Manager
- Coordinates training schedule with preceptors and Quality Assurance utilizing the Traning protocal
- Evaluates progress, monitors works during the entire probationary process.
- Initiates the first phase of progressive discipline and grievances protocal
- Holds monthly staff meeting and education sessions for the department
- May perform call coverage for Patient Access Manager and Coordinators in their absence
- Performs payroll process in Kronos system
- Reviews system reports for management reflecting on errors, lack of information in the registration and system related problems
Candidates must have the following:
Prior management or supervisory skills
Develop work flow process
Must know Bed Throughput and have work in Bedboard
Associate's Degree or highe
Ability to be flexiable to work in different locations and long hours
Good written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrations compassion, intefrity, dignity accountability and quality to our patients and staff