The purpose of the Assistant manager is to oversee and supervise the operation of the store and store associates under the direction of the Store Manager. An assistant manager will conduct the store according to company policy, procedures and guidelines while maintaining high standards and the upmost positive image of Don Roberto Jewelers.
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and credit quotas by helping the Store Manager properly train subordinate staff resulting in meeting company standards
- Assist in the recruitment process for new staff.
- Update and verify information on credit accounts by accepting payments, negotiating down payments, and processing credit applications while maintaining accuracy.
- Ensure the safety of subordinate staff in substitution of the Store Manager by having regards to property keys, security alarm system, inventory control and best practices.
- Oversee the accuracy of shipment and receiving of merchandise and product.
- Lead by example in providing each individual with the upmost respect and customer service.
- Ensure cleanliness of the store at all time and keep decorations and visuals updated according to event and/or season.
- Assist in opening and closing the store by following opening and closing procedures.
- Perform and assist in training associates on other store duties such as: jewelry cleaning, engraving and ear piercings.
- appear for small claims hearing as it relates to the corresponding customer accounts while possessing the ability to negotiate settlements on behalf of the company.
- ensure protection of the company's image at all times by complying with company dress code and addressing any discrepancies of other colleagues to your your Store Manager.
- Follow company policy at all times and perform other duties as needed within store operations.
- Extensive experience in a retail setting
- Ability to work weekends
- Retail and/or Credit management experience, preferably in jewelry
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish highly preferred
Essential Job Functions:
Ability to endure long periods of sitting, standing and occasionally walking; lift and carry a maximum of 40 pounds; push and pull 100 pounds; climb, kneel, and reach on occasions. Use of ordinary conversation speech and hearing; field vision, color vision and acuity (far and near). Ability to operate a personal computer, printers, telephone, and other general office equipment; to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; apply cognitive skills; work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to follow directions from a supervisor and carry out instructions. Ability to accept constructive criticism and interact effectively with coworkers. Ability to appear for work on time and to understand and follow posted rules and procedures.