Year round, full time position, pay is dependent on skill set and experience.
SeventyOne restaurant is a busy American grill, comfort food restaurant and bar in a beautiful hotel in a spectacular mountain resort.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
- Provides directional flow of restaurant during service.
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
- Maintains daily records including revenues and payroll and is responsible for monthly profit and loss statements.
- Rewards and disciplines as merited by team member performance.
- Assigns, oversees and evaluates employee work performance.
- Recommends promotion, transfer or termination of team members based on performance evaluation.
- Assists manager with interviewing, hiring, training and scheduling of staff.
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis.
- Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property.
- Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in related field.
- Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
- 2+ years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, Sheriff Work Card, UDABC Check.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including excellent guest service, listening and oral communication skills, also conflict management and dispute resolution skills.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding subtracting, multiplying dividing.
- Ability to learn menus, wine lists and display extensive knowledge in wine.
- Proficiency in handling large sums of money.
- Must direct staff activities and address guest issues while maintaining interactions between the dining room, the kitchen and the bar.
- Ability to handle, process, maintain and protect guest personal information, including credit card information, in compliance with all company or department policies and procedures according to PCI rules and requirements.
- This includes privacy and confidentiality, reporting, storage and disposal of sensitive information.
- Will not share or disclose any guest personal or financial information to anyone unless authorized by the guest, manager or company or unless disclosure is permitted within departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires judgment within policy guidelines and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Understanding other Snowbird operations is essential.
- Rotating schedule based on business levels, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.