It is the Assistant Coach's responsibility to assist and consult with the Store Manager (Head Coach) regarding overall operations and administrative duties. This includes determining the methods and approaches necessary to accomplish the store's goals. The Assistant Manager (Assistant Coach) assumes supervisory control in the Head Coach’s absence.
The Assistant Coach's main responsibility is to assist the Store Manager (Head Coach) in controlling the assets of Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc.
- Consults with Store Manager (Head Coach) in establishing action plan to accomplish departmental and overall store responsibilities such as selling, restocking, merchandising, ordering and scheduling.
- Assumes responsibility of the entire store in the absence of the Store Manager (Head Coach).
- Assists Store Manager (Head Coach) in overall personnel recruiting, training and evaluation.
- Provides knowledge and guidance to employees and customers in all departments when necessary.
- Is aware of inventory, sales statistics, and expenses to ensure profitability in all departments.
- Directs staff to insure each department's responsibilities and standards are completed.
- Keeps Store Manager (Head Coach) informed as to inventory movement and customer trends.
- Assures quality customer service is maintained.
- Performs general administrative duties as needed.
High school diploma or general education diploma (GED). No experience required.