IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: WORKING PARTNER/GENERAL MANAGER
STATUS: HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assists in managing the operations of a Sonic Drive-In and assumes responsibility for drive-in operations in the absence of other management. Trains and supports the drive-in employees in order to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Manages, trains, monitors and coaches crew members, carhops and skating carhops.
2. Directs and assigns drive-in employees to perform all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
3. Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices. Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his/her immediate supervisor.
4. Performs opening and/or closing duties in compliance with Sonic Drive-In policies and procedures.
5. Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels during assigned shift.
6. Monitors and maintains inventory levels and food cost control during assigned shift and completes weekly inventory as needed.
7. Completes assigned administrative duties timely and accurately. Assists in maintaining files, records and all required documentation.
8. Reinforces the importance of placing guests’ needs first to drive-in employees on a consistent basis.
9. Immediately responds to guest requests in a respectful manner. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
• Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
• Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order in a clear and understandable manner.
• Operates Drive-Thru window and sales register and makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
• Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
• Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on grill or in fryers.
• Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3 minute time frame.
• Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink orders into drink carrier.
• Serves food to customers in an efficient manner as necessary when working in other Basic Stations.
• Occasionally moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs into freezer and shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
• Occasionally disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and into dumpsters.
• Occasionally cleans areas of drive-in, including mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used grease.
• Complies with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws and labor and employment laws.
• Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
• Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required. Six months of restaurant management experience (QSR) or one year entry level retail management experience required.
• Experience running shifts without supervision
• Effective communication skills
• Basic math and basic reading skills
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to successfully solve problems
• Works with autonomy once given direction
• Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations
• Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-In training programs.
• Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
ENVIRONMENT: Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking. Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items. Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
SONIC MISSION STATEMENT: To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand
SONIC CORE VALUES
At Sonic, we value:
• Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
• Importance of relationships as a way of life.
• Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the Sonic brand.