Job ID: 167419
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Marketing
As the Assistant Marketing Manager (AMM), you will be responsible for assisting the Brand Marketing team in establishing 360 marketing campaigns for third party brands A+ product launches.
You will be working with many people across all our internal departments, as well as external teams (brand teams, vendors/agencies, etc.). As such, this position requires a high level of initiative, incredible people skills, clear communication and follow through, attention to detail, sense of humor, positive attitude, ability to think / trouble shoot quickly, plus understanding of marketing strategy and our brands’ business objectives and positionings. At Sephora, we pride ourselves on being a true service-oriented partner to our brands, and this AMM will be pivotal in growing this function of the Brand Marketing team.
Brand Relationship Partner:
Support Senior Manager in execution and follow-through of all marketing and sampling plans of 25-35 brands simultaneously. AMM will also be responsible for the ownership of 5-10 brands within the category.
- Communicate regularly with brands and retail merchant counterparts on business related issues (e.g., launch plans, business updates, etc.)
- Follow up with brands on assets, product details, social media details, 360 plan participation, brand calendar activation details, and any miscellaneous questions or issues that might arise from an executional standpoint
- Assist in sourcing and managing Beauty Insider loyalty program sampling plans by brand. Own timelines, “slotting” and execution of all samples
- Assist SMM in developing 360 marketing plans for A launches and manage brand calendars
- Own all sampling and social calendar updates for the SMM’s class of brands.
- Attend all brand facing meetings, capture meeting notes and next steps, and lead follow-ups with brands and cross-functional teams
- Develop social strategy for brand partners, including creative feedback, internal slotting and briefing of Sephora-produced social assets, and brand regram selections on a weekly basis.
Cross-Functional 360 Marketing Program Execution:
Working under approved strategy, the AMM will help develop and execute all major brand initiatives in partnership with internal cross-functional teams
- Support SMM in development and execution of all 360 campaigns in partnership with internal cross-functional teams
- Work closely with Dotcom Merchant partners on digital executions of 360 plans
CO-OP Campaign Management:
- Manage logistics of Sephora-driven media campaigns, including collecting payment orders, samples and coordinating product delivery
Additional Marketing Support:
- Managing brand calendars and 360 plans for A+ launches
- Routing and reviewing creative / feedback / assets
- Writing and distributing recap notes
- Assist SMM in developing Brand Reporting, including client insights and sampling follow-on
- Minimum 3-4 years of agency or marketing experience in a fast-paced environment – beauty preferred but not required
- Digital/social media experience preferred
- Excel and PowerPoint strength needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable, positive and flexible. Able to work interactively and proactively with internal and external parties at all levels is a must.
- High level of maturity; ability to handle weekly communication with our brand partners
- Self-starter, high degree of initiative and independence – not afraid to ask questions, take criticism and lead new initiatives.
- Resourceful and creative problem solver – at times with little direction/oversight
- Strong organizational skills; able to track multiple projects and details
- High level of accuracy; able to detect inconsistencies and errors including product names, grammar, etc.
- Able to handle sensitive, potentially difficult and confidential matters with discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sephora, our programs, clients, store associates and marketing
- Excitement for learning, open to new experiences and challenges in a fast-paced environment
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. #LI-SCR
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.