Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge of meat and seafood with others while helping to teach and develop a team? Do you enjoy working in an environment that requires precision and expertise? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as an Assistant Meat Manager.
The Assistant Meat Manager is responsible for maintaining all Sprouts meat programs and managing all activities of the department in the absence of the Meat Manager. The Assistant Meat Manager will support the department by assisting in the management with: selling, customer service, merchandising, business management, product handling, presentation, scheduling, ordering, receiving, and inventory control to Sprouts standards. The Assistant Meat Manager provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service; assists customers with questions, and special orders, while maintaining a positive, customer focused work environment. The Assistant Meat Manager has knowledge of weekly ad items, and assists with inventory and ordering; enforcing and following department practices regarding the receiving, stocking and unloading of product to ensure freshness and quality, and is able to perform and follow our “Clean as You Go” and “Fresh at 4” Programs. The Assistant Meat Manager is expected to monitor labor costs and reduce losses due to shrink, damage and pilferage. Ensures compliance with all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations; assists in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Meat Department. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
To be an Assistant Meat Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a basic knowledge of math, weights and measures. Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience, proven leadership experience, and 2-3 years of grocery retail experience in Meat department processes and procedures is highly preferred.
- Be dependable and reliable and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations, and Company recipes.
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per 8 hours.
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area., and perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Possess good vision is required for using sharp knives, band saw, grinder, sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and tenderizer.
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between 25 to 90 lbs., from 4” to 60”, a distance up to 10 feet for 20 hours.
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to 500 lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100 feet for up to 5 hours.
- Be able to horizontally move racks of products weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force up to 25 lbs., for a distance up to 50 feet for up to 10 hours.
- Be able to move tables weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force greater than 35 lbs., a distance up to 2 feet for up to 1 hour.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.