Assistant Merchandise Manager: bloomingdales.com New York, NY (
Job Number:BLO03152 )
The Assistant Merchandise Manager (“AMM”) is a central role on the Bloomingdale’s Site Merchandising Optimization team, responsible for executing merchant strategies online. The AMM will help optimize website merchandising, navigation and content execution in order to support conversion and sales plans. This position reports to the Site Merchandise Manager and covers one or more families of business (such as: Ready-to-Wear, Shoes, Handbags, etc.). The position is in a career path line leading to positions with increasing responsibility within Site Merchandising, and the management of our website.
• Oversee on-site navigation and attribution of products within your family of business
• Set-up and test website landing pages and banners to ensure proper display and linking across devices (desktop/tablet, mobile web and mobile app)
• Create, sequence and maintain curated online product assortments to visually represent and support key merchandising trends
• Set-up and test website promotions to ensure proper offer functionality pre and post-launch
• Track products featured in marketing exposures to ensure availability for purchase
• Use Coremetrics analytics platform to monitor traffic, engagement and conversion across key categories and brands; distribute reporting across the Site and Digital Merchant organizations
• Participate in the concepting of digital special projects, and oversee the analysis and recapping of performance post launch
• Provide usability recommendations to improve online messaging merchandising execution
• Monitor and maintain the quality of search results for your family of business and core brands
• Monitor and maintain online cross-sells and upsells for your family of business and core brands.
• Support digital marketing execution by implementing SEO recommendations and assisting Search and Affiliate teams with linking support
• Assist Merchandising Managers with competitive analyses to stay current on industry trends
• Assist on other projects and initiatives as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience within E-commerce, preferably with a retail / fashion focus
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
• Must be extremely internet savvy
• Must have business analytical skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Must be organized, deadline oriented, and a quick learner
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.