Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21’s Retail Operations Team and showcase your fashion retail skills while working with our exceptional retail staff!
Position: Assistant Merchandising Manager
Department: Remote – Store Operations
Reports to: Visual Manager
Direct Reports: Yes
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 301 South Hills Village, Space 2330A , Bethel Park, PA 15241
The Assistant Merchandising Manager provides leadership and direction to the store merchandising team. Through creating long-term strategies and leading company initiatives, the Assistant Manager of Merchandising ensures maximum productivity, profitability, operational excellence and compliance with company procedures.
- Assist in overseeing daily merchandising, floor set planning and execution, replenishment, launches, updates, planning and execution, shipment, zero selling reports, loss prevention, and service
- Support in developing the plan for floor set, then translates it into implementation steps and directs the other store leaders and associates to execute the plan
- Ensure a strong partnership with the Visual Manager to ensure all visual merchandising guidelines are following company standards and practices
- Generate and analyze field merchandise reports (Zero Sellers, Department Performance) and makes necessary product placement/adjustments based on selling and Field Merchandise Reports
- Collaborate with the visual team to make product placement adjustments based on selling, inventory ownership, store design type, and assortment levels
- Train, coach and direct the Visual team on merchandise handling, shipment processing, merchandising presentation, and visual techniques as needed
- Drives results through creating short-term plans and long-term strategies, processes, and events that create a positive in-store experience for both our store team and our customers
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of retail experience.
- Prior supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must be skilled in retail recruiting, strategic planning, and customer service.
- Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make clear and defined decisions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and work with cleaning chemicals
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
At Forever 21, style isn’t dictated…It’s inspired. Forever 21 is the leading fashion retailer of the latest trends and the season’s hottest styles at can’t-resist-prices. U.S. and international locations stay true to the fast-fashion destination’s iconic store aesthetic giving fashion fans all over the globe the unforgettable shopping experience that is the one and only Forever 21.
Joining the Forever 21 family means joining an incredible team of talented, passionate and innovative people who work together to bring fashion to everyone, everywhere. We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals eager to thrive in our fast-paced, dynamic environment filled with vast opportunities for career growth and development. This is a place where your ideas become actualized, creativity is encouraged and the possibilities are endless.
Be part of something epic. Be part of Forever 21. Apply today!