Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- AdventHealth Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
- Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
- Promotes and validates iCARE compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience or two years if has prior leadership experience in team leader role.
- BLS, ACLS if required per department standards
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- National certification in specialty preferred
- Prior experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
- Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.