Assistant Nurse Manager Operating Room AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Immediate health insurance coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique in accordance with AORN recommended standards.
- Assists with appropriate preparation of instruments and equipment for decontamination or terminal sterilization as requested.
- Understands the preoperative diagnosis, common complications and operative pathology relating to specific surgical procedures.
- Utilizes surgeon’s preference cards to appropriately execute a plan of care during the surgical procedure.
- Selects and prepares necessary supplies and equipment.
- Checks all equipment for working order.
- Verifies exposure to sterilization and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
- Establishes and maintains a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
What You Will Need:
- Associate or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school required.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and accepts a patient workload when needed. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.