Assistant Nurse Manager – PCU
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time Nights
7a-3p = base wage
3p-11p = base wage plus 15%
11p-7a = base wage plus 18%
Weekends are another 10% on top of the above
7a-3p = base wage plus 10%
3p-11p = base wage plus 15% plus 10%11p-7a = base wage plus 18% plus 10%
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Set direction for the assigned nursing personnel and nursing units in delivering highest quality clinical care to the AdventHealth patients;
· Connect nursing staff and other personnel to the Purpose, Vision and Mission of AdventHealth;
· Develop the unit specific strategies and approaches for patient outcomes that must be achieved daily;
· Create an environment that takes care of the AdventHealth employees both personally and professionally;
· Develop and train employees and use them in accordance with their capabilities;
· Create an organizational culture that supports the desired outcomes we purse in patient care;
· Personally demonstrate and develop in others the individual responsibility and sense of accountability to ensure all actions comply with required and accepted clinical standards;Qualifications
What You Will Need:
· ADN or higher degree. BSN or higher degree preferred
· 2 years’ acute care nursing experience in charge nurse or relevant nurse leader role
· Texas or Multi-State Compact RN license required.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from the AHA.
The primary focus of the Assistant Nurse Manager’s role is on the experience we deliver to our patients and the treatment of the AdventHealth associates associated in delivering our services. The Assistant Nurse Manager role is critical to creating an environment between the AdventHealth nursing staff, physicians, other employees, systems and our patients that delivers the highest quality healing experience consistently to our patients and their families. More than simply accomplishing a task, the Assistant Nurse Manager is expected to use the critical tasks and functions our associates must perform daily, to further develop the capabilities of our associates. The Assistant Nurse Manager role is essential inspiring each associate represent the essence of the AdventHealth purpose and reason for being while each finds personal and professional fulfillment and satisfaction from being part of the AdventHealth family of people.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.