CarePoint Health Hoboken University Medical Center
Coordinated Care That's the Point!
- The Assistant Nurse Manager reports to and is responsible for supporting the Nurse Manager/ Director in administrative duties of the unit.
- The ANCC with the Manager/ Director provides leadership and oversight in the accomplishment of strategic and operational objectives of Carepoint Health.
- The ANCC with the Manager/ Director is responsible for the 24-hour management of the assigned nursing units and departments in terms of the quality of nursing care delivered, as well as for planning, organizing, leading and evaluating nursing services within area of specialty.
- Promotes a practice environment that empowers nurses to provide effective, compassionate, efficient and knowledgeable nursing care
- The Assistant Nurse Manager will provide leadership by collaborating with members of the health care team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Participates inorganizational and unit-based quality improvement activities and provide input on standards of care.
- Able to provide patient care when needed, remains competent in clinical skills.
- Will need clinical expertise and experience in the nursing care management of patients in Level 2 Nursery/ pediatrics/ Mother baby area.
- Leads initiatives resulting in enhanced physician, patient and associate satisfaction and improved quality.
- Actively works to develop and maintain good working relationships with medical staff, other leadership within the organization and staff.
- Creates an environment that facilitates innovative patient care delivery with a focus on infection prevention and patient safety.
- Ensures that adequate, appropriately competent and qualified staff is available to meet patient care needs.
- Ensures a program for initial and ongoing staff education is in place and providing quality services for all staff as defined within applicable and accepted professional standards.
- Current NJ RN Licensure
- ACLS/ PALS/ NRP/ BLS certifications required
- ANCC Certification in specialty areas preferred.
- BSN required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Prefer previous progressive leadership experience and capabilities but willing to train.
$27,045 - $32,183 /year
What this is