This position is responsible for assisting the Office Manager in all aspects of medical practice. Supervises clerical staff on a day to day basis, and ensures that work and patient flow are meeting practice goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures, workflow and practices.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
- Knowledge of planning, organizing and supervision.
- Knowledge of problem solving.
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Assist Office Manager in overseeing the day to day operations of the practice, including check in, check out, billing, A/R, scheduling and telephone operators.
- Assist Office Manager in overseeing and supervising daily office operations, including proper staffing, identifying qualified candidates, scheduling, training, disciplining and supervision of office staff.
- Assist Office Manager in overseeing office payroll and tracks information, including records of vacation, sick leave, and overtime.
- Training office staff on corporate policies and office procedures.
- Assures patient care needs are met and where possible exceeded.
- Ensures compliance with operational, clinical and human resources policies, procedures, regulations and standards.
- Ensures good customer service is rendered at each point of service and patient's needs are met.
- Ensures patient plans of care and documentation of care coordination and interventions are being carried out while integrating the NCQA, MIPS, PIQ, PCMH, HEDIS measurements and other accrediting body requirements in order to demonstrate results and show quality improvement in patients.
- Ensures that invoices are coded and processed in timely fashion.
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Courses in medical terminology, and health care office management highly preferred. Minimum of three years administrative experience including one year of medical office experience. Minimum of 1 year experience in supervisory role.
Competitive salary, health, HSA, dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401(K), supplemental insurance policies. Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, jury duty and bereavement leave. EEO, DFW, MFVD