As an Assistant Operations Manager, you will fill a leadership role in supporting two hotel’s financial goals by assisting multiple departments at each hotel, with a focus on our Food and Beverage management but will entail all department operations, in the daily operations of two hotels. You will ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability. This position reports to the Area General Manager who is directing operations at two of our Dallas Area Hyatt House Hotel properties. This position will require regular work at both our Dallas Hyatt House properties on a weekly basis. You will be working at two Dallas hotel and will be working in multiple departments at each as directed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one year experience in a Supervisory or Management Food and Beverage position or Front Office position.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Inspects restaurant and outlets daily to ensure high quality food and food presentation, cleanliness and side work duties completed.
- Assists to schedule employees at proper staffing levels; watches labor cost daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling.
- Participates in monthly inventories. Initiates programs to reduce breakage and loss in china, glass, and silver.
- Assists in the aggressive recruitment of staff department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to inform staff of daily events; ensures staff is prepared, organized and delivers high standards of service.
- Assists in the review of performance evaluations, recognizes employees for outstanding services and disciplines employees.
- Assists in training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Source: Aimbridge Hospitality