Assist the facilities manager in the operation and maintenance of the building and the building systems to ensure the day to day operations of facilities is not interrupted.
Assist in maintaining the retail stores to the proper level on cleanliness and maintenance
Manage a maintenance and custodial team and direct sub-contractors on any repairs and upgrades to the main facility.
Schedule repairs, order materials as needed and oversee preventive maintenance work.
Monitor the various systems in the building and make the appropriate adjustments or repairs needed to maintain the proper environment.
Must be able to work at least 40 hours a week or more and maintain acceptable attendance record.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate inventory, order product, any safety labeling and PM's as required
- Make recommendations to Facilities Manager with regards to equipment and materials needed
- Monitor and track building projects and advise when projects should occur and if added staff is needed to complete on time
- Make purchase recommendations to Facilities Manager
- Manage building projects as assigned
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment
- Make occasional parts pick ups
- Provide occasional office maintenance
- Must be able to work as needed at night and on weekends on a on call basis
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 4-6 years' experience in a facility trades maintenance position
- One to two years' experience in door/lock repair and or maintenance
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- The possession of a professional license as an electrician or HVAC tech is desired but not required.
- Advanced working knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical control devices and BAS systems.
- Possess competent knowledge on the methods, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment and systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, shop manuals, and drawings to aid in troubleshooting analysis.
- Ability to read and use all types of test equipment, analog digital multi-meters, pressure and temperature indicating and recording devices, air flow measuring devices, and leak detection devices.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and knowledge of CMMS software.
- Basic computer skills
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Colorado Driver's License
- Must pass background check
- Must acquire and maintain Colorado MED badge
Skills and Abilities:
- Operate appropriate lifts and maintain certifications required
- Ability to read blueprints preferred
- Understanding and using sustainable products required
- Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills among all levels of staff and clientele required
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people among all levels within an organization; skill to work effectively as part of a team required
- Perform role and job tasks effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities required
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills required
- Provide customer service in a professional considerate manner required
- Excellent record of dependability and reliability required
- Must be a self-starter and work without direct supervision Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Have a clean driving record to operate company vehicles.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Ability to interact with co-workers, tenants, retail staff, contractors, and the public in a positive and professional manner
- Works under the direct supervision of the Manager of Operations
- This person supervises others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands of Work To Be Preformed including but not limited to:
- frequent walking
- climbing stairs
- standing on cement floors for prolonged periods of time
- pushing and pulling
- May be subject to adverse working conditions:
- wet floors
- including weather
- May require tools and equipment operation that could cause personal harm or injury if improperly handled
- Requires irregular and/or extended hours
- including weekends, evening, and holidays, determined by event schedule and/or department need.