Overview: As an Assistant Planner, you will support your manager in creating and executing sales and inventory financial plans at a department(s), style and SKU level. Assistant Planners are responsible for developing the skills to analyze and identify sales opportunities to provide risk mitigating recommendations.
- Collaborate with Merchants and Allocators on preseason and in season plans to align on sales and inventory strategies. Provide manager with ad hoc analysis, as assigned, to give team diagnosis of the business and anticipate suggested course of action.
- Create preseason sales, margin and inventory plans by department, class, style and color. Analyze previous quarter results; identify “missed sales” and growth drivers over prior year.
- Summarize the opportunity and risk of a product plan as it relates to trend and financial metrics: initial mark-up, average unit retail, average unit cost, net margin dollars/rate.
- Recommend style count, cc count and flow of goods for optimal margin results within a quarter.
- Assist manager with development of the financial strategy associated with growth and diminish categories, based on current trend, historical findings or related categories.
- Communicate support for style level buys as it relates to current trend, historical findings or related categories.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on business as it relates to last forecast, identifying trends, and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectation.
- Assist manager with communication to cross functional partners regarding potential risk or opportunities and begin to suggest changes to course of action for both current and future quarters.
- Prepare sales, margin and inventory forecast and assist manager in monthly OTB forecast meetings for current year; provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, reconcile receipts and suggest pricing strategies to drive profitability.
- Monitor basic style selling trends and partner with merchandising and allocation to select monthly order quantities.
- Generate and manage style level weekly unit sales plans in season to inform total department sales expectation by week/month/quarter and identify styles contributing to a +/- to forecast.
- Assist manager to propose markdown and promotional strategies to maximize profitability on the life of an item or category; provide pricing and margin dollar gain/loss scenarios.
- Assist manager to recommend and manage cross channel transfer proposals and communication.
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and ability to quickly master new applications and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.