Position: Assistan Plant Manager
Reports To: Plant Manager
Department: Manufacturing/Sewing Facility
Job Band: M1
This position is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in overseeing/managing all aspects of plant operations while ensuring efficiency, safety, quality, cost and productivity goals are achieved.
- Oversee day to day plant operations through consistent and efficient planning to achieve production goals.
- Lead and manage all associates to ensure consistent standards are practiced.
- Ensure the facility and operators achieve production goals and quality requirements at the lowest cost while analyzing data/trends for improving costs savings and efficiency.
- Assist with the hiring process and development of sewing facility associates. Monitors employee performance and completes regular evaluations.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with associates and union officials. Manage labor efficiencies and labor relations addressing associate’s issues or grievances in a timely manner.
- Advise the Plant Manager on all aspects of operations, including any issues that may affect the success of production goals.
- Establish clear communication with plant operations and cross functionally with Engineering, Training, Quality and Safety to achieve production goals.
- Administer and communicate company policies and procedures with associates.
- Support Plant Manager in the development and overseeing of the plants operating budget.
- Promotes a safe work environment to ensure employee safety and product integrity.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in Related Field
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Business or related field is required; or equivalent years of related work experience.
- 5 years of leadership experience in a Manufacturing or Engineering is required. Experience in Apparel Manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills are required.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestic is required.
- Previous experience in a union environment is preferred.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Travel (20%)
- Union and Non Union Environment