48forty Solutions is the largest pallet management services company in North America. We provide end-to-end pallet solutions, from supply to retrieval, on-site services, reverse logistics, and packaging materials. 48forty Solutions is truly Pallet Management Made Simple.Our operations workforce is the heart and soul of our business.We are currently looking for an Assistant Plant Manager.
Job Description and Requirements:
The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in managing total plant operations and delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of safety, service, quality and cost.
- Manage the work of all production employees
- Oversee production and shipping schedules based on availability of raw and finished goods
- Provide hands-on leadership as a working manager
- Directly responsible for all employment decisions at the facility
- Support plant administration to ensure compliance to established policies
- Responsible in consult with Plant Manager for the cost and yield performance of the Plant in partnership with the overall P&L
- Support and implement cost control initiatives and process control within the Plant
- Continually review operations activities, including local transportation activities to maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local laws (OSHA, DOL, DOJ, EPA, FD)
- Drive safety improvements (Zero Harm) across the Plant
- Ensure the consistent execution of all SOPs throughout the Plant, in accordance with the PMS Commercial Organization and Global Supply Chain
- Deliver best operational practices and cost efficiencies across the Plant
- Maintain critical quality and raw material utilization standards to maintain customer satisfaction and Plant profitability
- Ensure compliance through teamwork for all Standard Operating Procedures within the Plant
- Implement and manage Lean opportunities to effectively eliminate waste
- Provide leadership to Plant staff and effectively motivate, delegate and monitor their activities
- Assist with recruiting and to train and develop all staff
- Drive efficiencies through proper transportation scheduling, dispatch, and driver management
- Bachelors in Operations/Supply Chain or related field
- Six Sigma/Lean certification preferred
- 3 years in a plant supervisory role in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with private fleet management/transportation is helpful
- Strong customer focus orientation
- Expert people management capability including non-exempt production workforce
- Demonstrated success in delivering strong employee relations
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience managing safety performance and programs
- Understanding of supply chain practices and metrics
48forty Solutions offers competitive pay and benefits to all full-time employees. 48forty Solutions is also pleased to offer a full benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401(k) retirement savings plan after 90 days.
48forty Solutions requires that none of its employees are excluded from doing business with the Federal government. All newly hired individuals are promptly screened through the E-Verify electronic employment authorization program run by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Drug-free workplace. EOE. D/M/F/V
- MUST be 18 years of age or older
At 48forty Solutions, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. All employees may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities, as needed.0