Job ID: 163422
Anchor, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for the overall plant operations and ensuring non-stop production in an effective, safe and profitable manner. This position supports the Plant Manager in overall plant operations, including production and ensuring all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Preventative Maintenance, and Housekeeping.
- Develop, recommend and implement measures to improve production methods and equipment performance
- Analyze work orders and estimate workers hours
- Monitor production and initiate corrective action as required ensuring plant follows and complies with safety guidelines, quality control and production
- Ensure proper training of all production, shift and plant supervisors
- Review monthly budget and work closely with sales team to meet sales goals
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Ability to work evening shift with variable hours based upon business needs
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or three or more years as a departmental or assistant manager in a similar industry; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Purchasing and P&L experience
- Knowledge of construction products and basic knowledge of electronics and programmable controllers preferred
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Anchor, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.