Are you ready to lead a safe,passionate, and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Move your Career forward with Airgas asan
Assistant Plant Manager in Long Island City,NY!
The Assistant Plant Manager supervises the day to day activitiesfor multiple segments of the industrial, specialty and medical distribution andgas filling operations for a plant. This position assists with managing all gascylinder processing, ultrasonic testing, and compliance with all Food &Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Transportation (DOT), OccupationalHealth & Safety Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency(EPA), SAFECORE, and other business related compliance activities.
- Supervises associates involved in activities related to the plant, quality assurance lab, and/or drivers.
- Coordinates and partners with other Plant Supervisors to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Promotes a strong safety and compliance culture correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
- Assigns task to workers according to customers’ needs, current stock levels, and worker’s expertise.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Maintains time and production records.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Recommends or initiates associate actions, such as new hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, performance improvement and disciplinary measures.
- Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages.
- Provides assistance to the Plant Manager with regard to planning and managing capital investments.
- Coordinates the proper inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a leadership role within a manufacturing or distribution environment. Prefer prior technical experience with compressed gases, gas analysis and gas lab equipment.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Wetake care of you:
Airgasoffers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision,Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick,Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistanceand much more!
Airgas,an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical andspecialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largestU.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammoniaproducts and process chemicals.
Dedicatedto improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgassafely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its morethan 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, andAirgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the worldleader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offerscustomers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology andinnovations.
Whatdo our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Greatplace to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunityto advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Funpeople to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability