Schuff Steel (a subsidiary of DBM Global) the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire an Assistant Plant Manager. This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, and exciting builds (previous clients include Apple, University of Phoenix Stadium, and Facebook).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to our production needs and under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Assistant Plant Manager will assist the Plant Manager in directing all plant activities related to shop fabrication, production output, scheduling, quality control, facility maintenance, and on-time shipments.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- Partner with Plant Manager to learn every and all aspects of the position, as the Assistant Plant Manager will be trained to be able to step into the Plant Manager position with little notice
- Load list creation, monitoring, and shortages
- Transmittals and batching
- Manload Schedules
- Weekly Safety meetings
- Update Saw and Detail logs
- Weekly percent updates
- Load arrangement sheets
- Supplies and requisitions
- Shop space execution
- Oversee the fabrication progress
- Monitor material transport
- Point of contact for Logistics and Field operations
- Facilitate the direction and training of Team Leaders
- Review all disciplinary forms with the Team Leader of his responsibility.
Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have at least five (5) years of Managerial/Supervisory experience in a structural steel fabrication shop.
- Experience managing in an AISC certified shop is highly preferred.
- A bachelor or associate's degree in a business, engineering, or technical drafting field may substitute 1-2 years of experience.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of Schuff Steel. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with Schuff Steel must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at (602) 687-1699. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.