U.S. Concrete is an American company that operates and sells its products and services within the United States. We take pride in seeking harmony with the environment while contributing to the building of contemporary societies, infrastructures, and high-profile projects that improve people's lives and connect them together.
SUMMARY: Assist Plant Manager in directing production, distribution and operations for the assigned plants by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Positively supervises and motivates concrete delivery professionals, plant operators and/or yard attendants if any.
- Evaluates and mentors job performances, strengthens employee morale, to maximize safety, personnel skills and to optimize quality and quantity of production.
- Demonstrates and communicates high standard of customer service and satisfaction by working in conjunction with other company representatives and sales staff.
- Creates and fosters the entrepreneurial spirit by generating revenues, controlling expenditures to maximize the profits for the plant, region and company.
- Prepares timely company reports, Kronos, incident reports and starts invoice process.
- Documents employee behavior, both positive and negative, and responds proactively in accordance with company policies and appropriate CBA.
- Maintains housekeeping of plant office and premises to conform to company and legal safety and environmental standards.
- Efficiently batch concrete within the specifications.
- Dispatch delivery professionals to various job sites.
- Performs all duties assigned by company management.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must have the ability to work with others.
- Must have the ability to keep to a schedule.
- Must have regular and reliable attendance.
- Must have the ability to focus on details.
- Must be computer literate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises subordinate staff of delivery professionals, plant operators and yard attendants if any. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: assisting Plant Manager in interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of three (3) years of operations experience and two (2) years supervisory experience is preferred; one to three years related experience and/or training. Ready mix concrete industry experience preferred. Must be computer literate.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.