1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports and orders product and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize sales and profits.
2. Schedules associates, oversees and assists with training, recognizes performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize talents and abilities while maximizing profits.
3. Develops and implements localized merchandising plans, sets up and creates displays for new or seasonal items to drive sales. Develops and maintains communications with other departments and store manager in order to devise cross merchandising plans, to meet financial objectives.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
5. Follows established procedures for receiving merchandise including inspecting deliveries, pricing products and restocking cases to ensure freshness and quality, accuracy and rotation. Enforces and follows food and human safety laws and policies.
6. Controls department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to shrinkage or damages.
7. Maintains effective sanitation program. Keeps merchandise clean and fresh to meet health department regulations, pass sanitation inspections and meet company standards. Ensures that associates work and operate equipment safely, complying with OSHA requirements. Ensures compliance with local, state and government weights and measures laws.
8. Focuses on continuously improving customer service and department functions. Implements changes to increase customer satisfaction, lower labor costs and maximize profits.
9. Maintains accurate records on all important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
11. Also performs duties of staff as required.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Knowledge and Skills
Must have ability and dexterity to lift 60 pounds with ease. Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise. Experience dealing with customers helpful. Ability to multi-task. Must be attentive to detail.
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Reaching and bending for extended periods
Sight and peripheral vision
Communication (both verbal & written)