Assistant Product Manager
Location: Chatsworth, CA
The Assistant Product Manager for NMB Technologies Corporation is accountable for assisting in developing and recommending business strategies to increase market share for specific products in specific target markets; getting buy-in from division to produce new products or upgrade existing products, developing and delivering technical product educational material and managing new product launches. Supervises allocated staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Market Opportunity Assessment –
- Continually assess the total available market (TAM), total serviceable market (TSAM) and size of the available market opportunity (= TAM - TSAM) for specified product(s) in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Determine competitive analysis & benchmarking by conducting regular competitive analysis and benchmarking and research industry trends in conjunction with the marketing department. Prepare the quarterly summary reports for specified products.
- Product Business Strategy Development –
- Understand current business unit research, strategies, and new product development and incorporate it into product and business strategies as appropriate for NMB Technologies Corporation.
- Develop and recommend product and business strategies to encompass sales channels and market approach for specified product(s).
- Develop product road maps and make recommendations and get buy-in from division to produce new products or upgrade current products.
- Develop, document and deliver product strategies, product technical knowledge, and selling tools to assist the sales group in meeting corporate sales objectives.
- Supervision –
- Supervise and manages staff to accomplish business objectives.
- Plan and determine workforce levels, setting and documenting performance expectations, assessing training needs and developing training plans, providing regular performance feedback and coaching as needed, setting up compensation plans, ensuring minimal task interference, conducting performance, development reviews and perform other duties as related to the job function as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
- 4 Year Degree
- 10 Years experience OEM sales, marketing and/or product management experience.
- Strong product and project management skills and demonstrated track record of achievements
- Extensive experience with technical products and the engineering & manufacturing processes associated with these products
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making in critical business situations
- High level of capability working in an international organization
- Has shown a high degree of flexibility, adaptability, creativity, and determination in overcoming challenging situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Travel required.