Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
CamelBak is an established leader in the outdoor industry, with a start-up energy that encourages team members to grow and affect positive change within the business.
As such, the Assistant Product Manager collaborates and supports their product line(s) in the areas of product specific strategy, and product requirements. The Assistant Product Manager facilitates cross-functional relationships and decisions along the product lifecycle for all existing and new SMU product initiatives. Must possess analytical capability, strong, persuasive communication skills (written & verbal) and ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Supports a deep understanding of consumer needs, the competitive landscape and be able to translate consumer needs into features, pricing models, and retail merchandising opportunities to deliver an on-time and unparalleled customer experience. Role responsibilities below.
- Collaborates and supports at a product line level in the following areas:
- SMU Special Make Up and Key Account Exclusives – Fast-paced opportunistic or seasonal special production run development and brand building initiatives
- Pipeline development - Manage and lead product concept, design, and development of future color/material/finish capability, feeding both SMU and LE roadmaps.
- Line Planning and Merchandising - Development programs as well as color & merchandizing strategy by confirming alignment with the brand vision and key account needs. Manage shipper program development and execution across all domestic channels.
- Margin Management - Product line pricing strategies to support company revenue / margin goals
- SKU Analysis - Detailed analysis to drive SKU efficiency conversation
- Business Analysis (Market/Sales) - tracking key performance indicators including revenue, cost savings, margin, market share, Point of Sale (POS), customer feedback or other indicators
- Consumer Insights - including market research, interviewing and interviewing techniques, focus groups, ethnographic research, usability studies, and other methods
- Presentation – Adept at providing product communication to internal groups, internal departments
- Supports Brand Marketing in the development and execution of all aspect of the product marketing plans including:
- Packaging and retail shipper development
- POG plan-o-grams and retail merchandising
- Product positioning
- Naming, branding and messaging
- GTM planning and sample management
- Makes recommendations to refine, streamline, and continuously improve the product development/management process
- Above responsibilities are a general overview of the role, they are not intended to be all encompassing, other responsibilities may be added based on business needs that are unique to the specific position
- 2+ years in product management position in a related category with strong market knowledge and a demonstrated ability to conceptualize, track and deliver projects
- Bachelor's degree required
- Exposed to the following business functions:
- Demand creation
- Data and market analytics
- Supply chain planning
- Financial modeling
- Product development
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, negotiate to successful outcomes and have fun doing it
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales analytics software
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Oodles of common sense and a sense of humor
- Comfortable with “white space”, be a creator
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled