POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Coordinator assists the Production Manager in all aspects of the production operations including, but not limited to, balancing production with habilitation programming, required paperwork, communication with production unit, and overseeing daily operations. The Production Coordinator fills in for the Production Manager in their absence. The Production Coordinator also fulfills all duties of a training instructor/job coach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist, and direct as needed, in maintenance of production, quality, material, and safety controls
• Assist in maintenance of production equipment and inventory records as required
• Assist with the development of methods and standards in cooperation with the production team
• Attend meetings as requested and bring feedback to the team
• Motivate and support both participants and staff in the completion of their assignment
• Help maintain even production flow and quality control by monitoring staff, inventory and product inspections
• Assist in monitoring, reviewing, and entering (if required) of client earnings and payroll records
• Help develop safety and prevocational training activities within the department and ensure implementation
• Ensure that contract work is integrated with other components of the prevocational program
• Ensure that all persons served and staff are actively engaged in prevocational activities throughout the day
• Apply all current licensing standards and requirements to production and pre-vocational activities
• Utilize Elwyn's workshop record keeping and billing procedures in completion of production and payroll records
• Communicate and interact with consumers encouraging self-sufficiency and improved self-concept
• Respect the dignity and choices of each consumer
• Identify unmet needs within the scope of one's responsibilities, and address those needs.
• Work cooperatively with Program Manager and Production Manager to assure that policies and procedures are being followed consistently in the work center
• Perform the duties of the Training Instructor/Job Coach as needed
• Perform the duties of the Production Manager in his/her absence
• Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and crisis intervention techniques using agency-trained protocols
• Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Production Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Elwyn employees, families, and other providers, customers, consumers, and vendors
• High School diploma or GED required
• Production management experience preferred
• Experience working with people with disabilities preferred
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in the workload
• Ability to adjust personal schedule to meet workload
• Ability to meet customer specific deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
• Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook required; database application experience preferred
• Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled