Goodwill's mission is focused on people with disabilities. Our mission is, Training, employment and job placement for people with disabilities and other barriers to work, transitioning individuals, to independence and productivity. We execute on that mission, every day, with businesses people know, and others that they have never heard of. Beyond Donated Goods and Stores, those include making uniforms for our military, interment flags for our military veterans, providing cleaning services for our Federal, State, and Local Buildings, and a brand new laundry, to wash the linens of some of our largest hospitals.
The proceeds from these businesses are a major support system for our community, by providing more than 3,000 jobs to people in South Florida, 50% of whom have a disability. We have been cited as one of the best examples, of Social Entrepreneurship in the US, with 95% of our revenue coming from entrepreneurial activities. We are also one of the most cost-effective non-profits in the US, with only 4% of our cost going to management overhead, and 96% going to direct programs, that support people with disabilities. Both of these achievements earn Goodwill South Florida, a 3-star Charity Navigator rating, awarded to only those charities that meet the highest standards of efficiency, governance, public accountability, and transparency.
We are looking to fill a key role as as Operations Coordinator for the Miami / Fort Lauderdale region. Position reports to Production Manager. FLSA Status: Exempt
Miami Headquarters Facility
The Operations Coordinator position requires a dynamic individual to help support growth in our social enterprise business services portfolio. The position will directly support the Vice President of Business Development in operational support of business development and contract management efforts for the organization and administrative operational support for a start-up, high-growth potential Third Party Logistics (3PL) division. This support will lead directly to revenue creation which supports our non-profit mission of providing jobs and job training to those in the South Florida community with disabilities and other barriers to employment and offers a diverse work day and responsibilities.
The position requires a dedicated, organized, task-oriented and data-friendly individual that can self-manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously at the direction and with the assistance of the Vice President of Business Development.
This position will create and manage data within spreadsheets and is capable of presenting ideas and information in a concise and effective manner. Assigned projects will vary in scope and complexity and the candidate has an opportunity to make an impact and create best practices within the team. The position will have direct access to and impact on key executive decision makers within the organization and requires a tactful individual who is able to communicate effectively.
The Operations Coordinator has the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Assist in business development and contract management functions, including management of data and documentation;
- Manage an operational budget of $30M for the 3PL Division by tracking revenue and expenses and providing updates to management on a weekly basis;
- Establish and maintain procedures and tools to increase efficiency of management controls and information that will have an organizational-wide impact;
- Efficiently maximizes use of spreadsheets to gather data for reporting in visual and/or written reports through use of strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ensure appropriate operational data is captured to ensure timely tracking and reporting of KPIs and other key management metrics related to performance of the 3PL division;
- Evaluate existing data to create and maintain costing accuracy and performance to cost data that will be used in future business development efforts;
- Track execution of annual marketing plan developed by the organization’s Marketing Division to ensure effective presence on social media and other traditional marketing methods;
- Coordinates internal and customer meetings and visits and prepares PowerPoint or other presentation materials as needed and directed;
- Has the desire and capability to identify gaps in efficiencies and develop solutions to help improve processes and streamline the operation;
- Utilizes project management tools as necessary to track on-going key projects for the organization;
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
The minimum qualifications for the position are:
- College degree in a Business or other related field or a minimum of 4+ years of dynamic experience in a similar capacity.
- Project management experience highly desired.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills a must. Clear and precise communication at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders is essential.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Team player
- High proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office suite
- Highly organized
- Open and adaptable to new ideas
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information to top management and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a high-energy, self-motivated individual who is well-organized, detail oriented, analytical, and thrives in and fosters a positive team environment. The ability to take direction and execute with little supervision is important. The ideal candidate enjoys challenging work, can execute under tight deadlines for work products as needed, and is a self-starter. A desire to work for a non-profit supporting the local community is also important.
Bi-lingual skills (English-Spanish) are a plus.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer to all Full-Time employees the following benefits:
• Health Insurance
• Additional Life Insurance
• Gap Insurance
• 401K Plan