Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Due to enrollment growth, two new tenure-track positions in the marketing department at the rank of Assistant Professor are available beginning August 2019. Established assistant professors seeking a change or those completing their Ph.D. are encouraged to apply. Our department values both research and teaching. Thus, a strong candidate will have a research program underway and a dedication to students. We will be initially screening candidates at the 2019 Winter AMA Academic Conference in Austin, Texas. Teleconferences may be arranged with those not able to attend Winter AMA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in marketing. Initial teaching load is 2-2. Standard teaching load is 3-3 with possible reductions to 2-3 or 2-2 for research productivity.
- Be an active researcher. Publish in journals and be involved in the academic community
- Serve on department, college, or university committees
- A Ph.D. in Marketing or related discipline awarded by an AACSB-accredited program and completed by August 2019
- Teaching experience and a dedication to excellent teaching
- Ability to utilize technology in the classroom
- A commitment to research leading to quality intellectual contributions
- An appreciation for diverse perspectives and backgrounds
- Professional business experience
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· The ability to create new knowledge and disseminate it to the academic community and to our students
· Knowledge of current best practices in marketing and in research methods
· The interest, experience, and/or ability to promote cultural competency and/or diversity
· A dedication to service and collegial interaction with other faculty, staff and students
Salary and benefits:Salary competitive with AACSB medians, plus an excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees, for more information visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/ .
Required Application Materials:
Review of applications will begin January 2nd, 2019 and will continue until the 2019 Winter AMA Academic Conference. Applicants will be notified prior to the AMA meeting in order to schedule interviews. Please submit the following items via our HR portal: https://boisestate.taleo.net
- A cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position. Indicate whether you will be available for a short interview at the 2019 Winter Educator’s Conference in Austin, Texas.
- Curriculum vitae
- Compiled teaching evaluations for all courses taught over the prior three years
- Three current letters of recommendation (written within the past year)
Closing Date: February 15, 2019, 11:59 PM MST
Located along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and ranked in the top 25 on Forbes’ 2017 list of the best cities for young professionals, Boise provides a vibrant downtown with unlimited cultural and recreational opportunities ranging from art and dining to world-class whitewater, skiing, mountain biking, road cycling, running, hiking, climbing, fishing, and camping. Among the fastest growing cities in the United States, Boise is considered a premier place to work, live, and play.
Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.