- The Department of English, Communications and Media at Salve Regina University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor specializing in African American literature and culture. Additional interests or coursework in topics such as Black feminism; Afrofuturism; young adult literature; creative writing; Native American literature; and the literatures of the African diaspora are also welcome. A Ph.D. in English and strong undergraduate teaching experience is required.
- The department offers majors in literature, creative writing and publishing, and communications and media studies as well as minors in these fields and in film studies. With an emphasis on interdisciplinarity, department members also teach in the University's honors program and its First-Year Seminar program as well as in courses offered in American Studies and Women, Gender, and Sexuality studies.
- The successful candidate will teach the department's current offerings in African American literature and the literature of the Harlem Renaissance and expand those offerings based on their scholarly interests. The teaching load is 4/3.
The start date for the position is Sept. 1, 2021.
A Ph.D. in English and strong undergraduate teaching experience is required.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.