West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy (Graduate/Exempt). This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Reporting directly to the Dean and/or Department Chair of the program, the Assistant Professor, PT (Graduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Professional doctorate degree required, terminal academic degree highly desirable (PhD, EdD, DSc).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Licensure or eligibility for Physical Therapist licensure in California required if physical therapist.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, and any accreditation body the University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents and any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Two or more years (adjunct or part-time) teaching in a University (or College) setting. Full-time teaching experience preferred.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation, state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, CAPTE (Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (if a physical therapist), WASC or other regulators and/or accreditation bodies.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.