Assistant Program Director
- Attleboro, MA 02703
- Job Type
The Journey Home is an 18-bed intensive Group Home for male identifying clients ages 12–18. Youth at The Journey Home have complex trauma, mental health, medical, cognitive, and behavioral challenges. The Journey Home works to help adolescents integrate into the community in a supportive way through a strengths based, permanency focused treatment model. Within the safety and structure of a home-like environment and community, The Journey Home clients are able to build a confident sense of self, self-regulation skills, and a support network of positive relationships to move forward from The Journey Home with a sense of mastery and autonomy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Oversees all aspects of the milieu and staffing.
· Working under direct supervision of the Program Director to oversee all aspects of the program including safety of the home, crisis management, and supervision of staff.
· Providing a safe and nurturing home-like environment, oversee the treatment and educational plans designed for each youth served.
· Reviewing the daily routine with house staff and motivate the staff to perform in the best interests of the youth
· Observe and evaluate each youth in terms of their compliance with the program rules, develop and monitor activities that meet the needs of the youth and prepare regular reports of each youth’s progress.
· Serve as one of the main contacts for client families and collateral contacts
· Attend and run staff meeting, train and hire direct care staff, and represent the program to visitors and outside agencies.
· Serve as a member of the ADMIN team.
Qualifications: A minimum of 5 years experience with at-risk youth is required; A BA/BS in social services or related field and a Driver’s license is required. The right candidate will have the ability to work independently and be a leader who effectively communicates in verbal and written formats with strong computer skills.
This position includes medical, dental, 401K with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short term disability, opportunities for continued education/training and much more!
Posted 29 days ago