At CRJ we change lives and strengthen communities by advancing policy and delivering individualized services that promote safety, justice, and inclusion.
The Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for supervision, general maintenance of residence, individuals, and staff of location. Assist Program Manager, Assistant Director/Director in overall operation of the program.
- Coordinates and supervises daily residential and program activities including supervision of staff, maintenance of residence, and teaching personal care of the consumers.
- Organizes and facilitates opportunities for community integration in leisure and vocational areas for all consumers as well as maintaining open communications with the consumers family, service coordinators and responsible outside Departments.
- Keeps consumers accountable to the rules of the program and keeps track of consumers to ensure they are where they are scheduled to be.
- Ensures all the proper individual records and reports are created plus handles the training of new staff.
- Manages program funds and supervises personal finances for all consumers.
- Researches and utilizes all available means of therapy in relation to each client’s individual needs.
- Implement all behavior plans, ISP objectives, ADL’s, disciplines and recreational activities as designated by the Director of MR Services or the Assistant Program Director.
- Evaluate staff performance at least annually and provide on-going supervision to all staff.
- Insure that complete and appropriate individual records are maintained in accordance with the Department of Mental Retardation and Community Resources for Justice regulations and policies.
- Ensures duties and responsibilities are carried out in a supportive and professional manner and attends appropriate meetings.
- Knowledge of First Aid, CPR, Occupational Safety and Health Act guidelines, pro-active alternatives for change (PAC)
- Background in human services with strong communication skills, negotiation skills and good interpersonal skills
- Previous experiences in a human service environment a plus
- High School diploma
- Must have clean driving record and pass a CORI
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.