Assistant Project Manager
Pre-Con Construction is a fast growing city based construction management firm that is looking for a talented Assistant Project Manager to join the team. This candidate will have an early opportunity to become more than just an employee by taking part in the companies continued growth including financial benefits. The company was established in 2008 focusing on high-end residential construction projects, and over the past five years it has moved into commercial construction including ground-up and major renovation work.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for assisting the project manager in all aspects of mid-sized renovation and ground-up projects ranging in value from $1M - $10M. It is essential that the candidate has a minimum of 2-4 years office experience working for a builder, construction management and/or general contracting company within the project management department.
1. Negotiate contract agreements.
2. Calculate cost reporting.
3. Login and issue requisitions for payment.
4. Run weekly owner and subcontractor meetings.
5. Assist in project start-up, daily management, scheduling and budgeting.
6. Create buyout scopes and contract scopes of work.
7. Log meeting minutes, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders.
8. Communicate with onsite supervisor, subcontractors and vendors to assist them in working to the project requirements and schedule.
9. Assist in project quality control and close-out.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
2. Minimum of 2-4 years experience in project management.
3. Knowledge of Procore, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word or related programs.
1. Take ownership of responsibilities
2. Detail oriented
3. Time management skills
4. Sense of urgency and ‘can do’ attitude
5. Able to work with minimal direction, speed and efficiency
6. Problem solving skills
7. Able to anticipate issues, reactions, etc.
401K & Full Health & Dental