Exciting opportunity for a Junior Project Manager to immediately come on board in a leadership position and run 2-3 projects in coordination with the Superintendent. This Junior Project Manager position will be a platform for a PM promotion once the individual has proven themselves.
My client has fostered a tremendous reputation around the Chicago industry as being a leader in the civil construction space. By specializing in infrastructure projects (road work, bridges, tollway etc.), my client has carved a niche in the market as both a GC and a self-performing sub. The reason for the vacancy is a direct result of the sustained growth they have experienced over the last 6-12 months, and they want to bring on a JPM that can make an impact, with a direct pipeline to PM once they have proven themselves.
This Junior Project Manager will work side by side with the Project Manager and Superintendent to ensure all projects are completed on time and with high quality. By spending 50% of their day in the field and 50% in the office (maybe more) completing budgeting, scheduling, client negotiations etc., this Junior Project Manager is expected to help ensure projects run from start to end. This JPM will need to be a leader both in the field and in the office, be extremely organized and client facing, and have the drive to bring projects to completion and under budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other related field
- 3-5 years' of construction industry experience
- Civil experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Project/Excel and excellent time management skills
- Must have onsite project management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly to direct report
- Technologically savvy is a plus with different software
- Previous experience with design/build projects is a plus
- Bridge, roadways and railway experience will also considered a plus
- Very competitive base salary
- Great bonus structure
- Car allowance if needed
- Great company culture with good work/life balance
- 401k match
- Great PTO plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Ability to quickly move up to managerial role
- Opportunity to immediately grow to a PM role
$75,000.00 - $100,000.00 /year