Job Description: The Assistant Project Manager works in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager to develop, secure, and manage construction projects including cleanrooms, server rooms, and raised access flooring systems.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
- Assist in the design phase by working together with the Senior Project Manager, our consultants, vendors, general contractors and customers.
- Perform estimating duties for RFP responses and hard-bid estimating, including bid document review, material and labor take-offs, and total cost analysis.
- Attend project RFP walkthroughs and pre-bid meetings as needed.
- Assist in writing and submitting sales proposals.
- Enter project information and budgets into company cost accounting software program
- Prepare project work orders and material lists.
- Process and distribute project submittals packages for review and approval.
- Interpret and explain project plans and details to Labor manager and field personnel.
- Work closely with Labor/Warehouse Manager in coordinating manpower and material requirements and deliverables for each project.
- Regularly visit project sites to monitor installation progress, attend weekly project meetings, etc.
- Track and monitor project schedules and costs to ensure completion of projects within time and budget.
- Prepare and submit extra work proposals and change-order requests.
- Effectively administer the billing process, including timely applications for payment.
- Process and submit required close-out documents as needed.
- Travel primarily within New England region for meetings with architects, general contractors, engineers, etc. to promote Longden Company's services and products.
Required / Desirable Skills:
- Two or Four-year degree in a technical field, preferably engineering.
- Experience with or ability to review and understand construction plans and specifications.
- Basic understanding or ability to learn about mechanical systems for heating, cooling, ventilation, power etc.
- Two or more years construction project management experience is desirable.
- There is a sales component to this position that requires an engaging personality, the ability to listen, and to present yourself and Longden in a positive manner.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel primarily throughout the New England region and occasionally outside of New England.
About Longden Company:
Longden Company is a specialized contracting firm located in Hudson, MA, operating three divisions - Cleanroom Construction, Server Room Design/Build, and Raised Access Flooring installation. We have an outstanding reputation and track record of successful projects. We provide a competitive salary, medical/dental benefits package, 401k with match, paid holidays/vacation time, and monthly vehicle allowance.