Walsh is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager with expertise in mechanical work for our Heavy Civil team in Los Angeles.
Are you excited by big, landmark projects? Do you enjoy mobilizing people and resources to overcome challenges? Are you a Project Manager that inspires others to do their very best every day? Do you want to work for a company where, when you do these things, you will be noticed? If so, then keep reading.
As a family company, The Walsh Group expects our Project Managers to empower a sense of responsibility across every level of employee while holding themselves accountable for profitability and business outcomes. Are you someone who can inspire and uplift others to carry a sense of pride for what they do?
As a fourth generation family owned business, Walsh recruits Project Managers that will sustain our culture. Do you know how to create a family out of your project teams by getting to know your people and learning their individual strengths and weaknesses? Walsh’s Project Managers invest their time into developing the next generation by mentoring and training their teams.
Walsh is looking for Project Managers that can organize and initiate structure, but also have a sense of flexibility and comfortability with change. Someone who can think like a builder, but also possesses business savvy. Project Managers that can simultaneously drive results and build lasting relationships.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. If you have what it takes, welcome to the family.
The Project Manager's responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership for multiple aspects of controls including costs, planning, scheduling, engineering, supervision and management of personnel
- Responsible for Mechanical Schimatics and follow through with project deliverables of mechanical work for assigned projects
- Reviews and approves preliminary schedules, financial projections, and cost to complete
- Safety management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control management
- Project start up, project completion, and entire close-out process
- Develops strategy for personnel development & recruiting
- Responsible for managing contractual issues for subcontracted work
- Contract and change order management
- Coordinates and manages multiple subcontractors work in congested construction site location(s)
- Coordinates and manages self-perform construction work
- Maintenance of vehicle, materials, equipment and tools inventories
- Establishing and maintain client and customer relationships
- Accurate forecasting of costs for job completion
- Provide leadership and development to project team
- Final decision making in the resolution of problems and issues
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material delivery and contract administration
- Raises issues to Sr. Project Manager as required to ensure the success of the project
- Ensures construction site rules and procedures are implemented and followed
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management Degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of construction management experience
- Experience with light rail train station construction or other applicable vertical construction preferred
- Change management
- Experience in managing teams
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate and work in a large team environment
- Success in developing and maintaining client and vendor relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriate to the assigned deadlines
- Experience managing risk
- Negotiation skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran