VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
VERTEX is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial professional who welcomes challenge. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects and working with junior and senior staff, as well as gaining valuable, real-world experience. More specific details are described below.
Location: Columbia, MD
Assistant Project Manager
- Effective management of select assignments within the region; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Monitor and assess construction performance and record construction activities to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Conduct constructability reviews.
- Assist with preparation of detailed reports auditing construction projects.
- Assist in project schedule creation, management and analysis.
- Inspect properties and buildings.
- Review and interpret building code.
- Assist with quantity takeoffs and cost estimating.
- Assist with file setup and filing.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner.
- Travel and/or field work may be required.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and contractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers.
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred.
- EIT certification preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of construction experience. Internships or prior work experience a plus.
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
- Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting.
- Requires excellent technology, computer, and document management proficiencies.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera Contract Management a plus.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 a plus.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Estimating skills are a plus.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred, but not required.
- CDT certification a plus.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites.
- Travel and/or field work may be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11