The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
VERTEX is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial professional who welcomes challenge. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects and working with junior and senior staff, as well as gaining valuable, real-world experience. More specific details are described below.
Location: Columbia, MD
Assistant Project Manager
- Effective management of select assignments within the region; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Monitor and assess construction performance and record construction activities to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Conduct constructability reviews.
- Assist with preparation of detailed reports auditing construction projects.
- Assist in project schedule creation, management and analysis.
- Inspect properties and buildings.
- Review and interpret building code.
- Assist with quantity takeoffs and cost estimating.
- Assist with file setup and filing.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner.
- Travel and/or field work may be required.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and contractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers.
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred.
- EIT certification preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of construction experience. Internships or prior work experience a plus.
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
- Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting.
- Requires excellent technology, computer, and document management proficiencies.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera Contract Management a plus.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 a plus.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Estimating skills are a plus.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred, but not required.
- CDT certification a plus.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites.
- Travel and/or field work may be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11