The Assistant Project Manager, Warehouse will perform a variety of routine order entry including, creating quotes, sales, rental, and purchase orders. Producing picking and delivery tickets. Ensuring proper pricing on orders and maintaining stock levels. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly and efficiently source a wide array of construction materials and equipment while ensuring the inventory is properly received and accurately invoiced. Associate is required to complete these tasks in accordance to company SOP’s.
If you are a proven performer who enjoys working on collaborative teams, thinking outside the box and exceeding expectations, you may qualify for an exciting and rewarding career at Liberty Equipment and Supply.
- Create sales, rental and purchase orders in our software system.
- Prepare pick tickets and delivery tickets in a timely fashion.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts and verify availability of needed stock.
- Prepare material and rental quotes for the Project Management Team and ensure proper coding of invoices.
- Performs follow-up to ensure timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Manage all vendor back-up, and match to billing, as required.
- Field calls and take orders from Ops Team and every now and then jobsites.
- Prepare orders for shipment in accordance with the pick ticket and customer requirements
- Notify the Supervisor of shortages, problems or issues with fulfillment.
- Maintain product stock in work area
- Receive and unload incoming material and compare information on packing slips with purchase orders to verify accuracy of shipment
- Inspect shipments for damages, loss, or defects, and notify the Supervisor of findings
- Responsible for accurately receiving, reporting, and distributing purchased items
- Operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading material and equipment
- Ensures all aspects of communication and delivery updates to the project and operation teams. Also ensures products are delivered on time and in full within budget, while also creating a culture of excellence through continuous improvement and the achievement of high performance.
- Sets inventory metrics, to include on-time supplier delivery, quality standards, inventory volumes, communication of standards to suppliers.
- Attend weekly meetings and provides material/dollar delivery statuses to the Operations Team.
- Handles time entry for warehouse GR employees and drivers.
- Maintains and tracks company vehicle mileage, also establishes accountability and tracking of damage per use.
- Purchases all warehouse and general requirements materials. Creates purchase orders and enters it into construction management software with each item purchased.
- Ensures the usage of 3rd party same day delivery cycles are achieved and communicated with Ops team.
- Works with management team to identify project equipment needs, orders equipment and schedules timely delivery to the project site.
- Coordinates short-term third-party equipment rentals with Vendors/Contractor/Ops.
- Creates all billing documentation from billing sheets, obtains signed documentation from all Warehouse deliveries.
- Obtains multiple pricing from vendors for materials and equipment. Creates new vendor accounts. Orders all material, including cranes, booms, and scissors.
- Effectively communicates with vendors, contractor, labor project manager, and management team in person, by email and phone to answer questions and meet project/job requirements.
- Performs Office Management tasks as required including, but not limited to, supply orders, employee expense reports, and new hire Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits.
- Coordinate and participate in emergency management efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in purchasing/supply chain management, logistics, construction management, or business administration preferred but not required.
- Successful track record of 1+ year technical competency in warehouse management, planning and logistics, preferably in the construction industry.
- Cost structure knowledge of building materials categories and products with emphasis on material and freight cost separation, material and/or service cost breakdown, key performance indicators, and “should cost" methodology development and maintenance.
- Knowledge of major suppliers in the concrete, dry wall, general conditions and equipment areas of construction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; in particular data analysis using Excel
- Experience using ERP or related systems for purchasing and supply chain.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven ability to drive competitive advantage through industry knowledge.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Must have strong communication skill and can multi-task
- Operates with integrity and inspires trust in others.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to lead complex and demanding projects.
- Must possess Liberty’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.