Weichert Property Management is hiring an Assistant Property Manager in the Capitol Region. The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for providing administrative support to the Property Manager with the day to day operations and tenant, owner, and vendor relations of the properties. The Assistant Property Manager handles processing of applications, prepares lease and renewal agreements, coordinates maintenance, tracks lease renewals, distributes late notices, and provides excellent customer service to address customers' questions or concerns.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with the Property Manager to bring a qualified tenant into a homeowner's property by performing the appropriate background check, credit check, and verifications on potential tenants and relaying findings to the Property Manager and/or owner. As approved, prepares lease documents, obtains signatures, and processes them through Accounting along with commission documents.
- Runs reports on a monthly basis from the in-house database system and sends letters for unpaid late rents; follows-up to ensure payment is received. Reports late pays to the client, contacts the tenant, and reports findings to Property Manager and/or client.
- Monitors on a regular basis from our in-house database system reports that concentrate on lease expirations and renewals, following up with the tenants with letters, outstanding balances, statements, emails, etc. Works closely with the owner regarding intent, market rent and comparables.
- Prepares and processes all documents needed for signature for any new owner or new tenant, creating a new property file and compiling all documentation, brochure, and informational packets to be delivered to owner or tenant.
- Takes direction from Property Manager regarding findings of inspections, and if necessary, obtains estimates for any damages of property.
- Assists in the process of analyzing bids from contractors for repairs, renovations, and maintenance and follows up with contractor and tenant to make sure project has been completed. Acts as liaison between owners and tenants regarding maintenance or other issues.
- Collects, approves, and properly codes for payment bills pertaining to maintenance and utility of home for accounting department to make payment.
- If applicable, works closely with insurance companies, home warranty companies, and appliance service agreement vendors in order to have appliance and larger items repaired or replaced.
- Maintains an organized filing system for all properties and property files to ensure that up to date documentation is in the file at all times. Responsible for a high volume of filing.
- Coordinates efforts with tenant regarding the move out process including notification to owner and documentation to tenant for move out requirements within the home.
- Follows-up on business development leads for the Property Manager, supplying lead with proper brochure, books, answers to questions, etc.
- Creates correspondence or makes phone calls pertaining to utilities making sure that they are switched to the appropriate account holder while never allowing property to be without a utility (i.e., gas, electric, water).
- Investigates complaints, disturbances, and violations and resolves problems following management policies.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid driver's license is required
- One (1) to two (2) years of related real estate or property management experience preferred
- Previous administrative experience required
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.