The Assistant Property Manager will work with others in Property Management to ensure that all aspects of managing (insert number of properties & approximate square feet) are covered efficiently and professionally. Portfolio size has opportunity to grow. This position will function as a generalist, “jack-of-all trades”, working in the areas of operations, leasing, and financial reporting.
- Assist Senior Property Manager and Engineering in all facets of building operations including life safety issues, incident reports, and insurance claims.
- Assist in preparing bid packages.
- Review work order reports weekly.
- Contact vendors to schedule work in the building and in tenant spaces.
- Supervise the tenant relations program, working with the Tenant Coordinator and the third party vendors.
- Coordinate building and tenant construction.
- Perform cleaning, landscaping, and vacant space inspections monthly.
- Perform weekly building inspections.
- Initiate pricing for miscellaneous projects.
- Review COI’s quarterly.
- Provide back-up for answering property management calls, as necessary.
- Assist in facilitating meetings.
- Complete monthly variance reports for Senior Property Manager’s review.
- Prepare monthly accruals for Senior Property Manager’s review.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets for assigned properties.
- Approve invoices for assigned properties in PayScan.
- Review accounts receivable.
- Maintain daily communication with the Senior Property Manager, Chief Engineer, Regional Accountant, and Tenant Coordinator.
- Prepare and distribute tenant memos.
- Review security report and prepare work orders.
- Interface as needed with the Regional VP, Area Director, Regional Accounting Staff, Corporate Accounting, Asset Management, and Lease Administration.
- Interface as necessary with tenants, brokers, vendors, and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree – Minimum 3.0 GPA required. Preferred course of study Business Administration, Real Estate or Accounting.
- Three years’ experience in the real estate industry.
- RPA designation a plus.
- Broker’s License preferred.
- Strong financial and problem solving skills.
- Relationship Skills – Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written with owners, tenants and coworkers; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; professional phone manner; mature and self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with RMR objectives.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Able to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and changes; results oriented, detail oriented and accurate.
- Decision Making Skill – Able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
- Will be required to perform off site duties through the use of a personal vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong proficiency with property management/accounting software (preferably Yardi), ARGUS budgeting software; MS Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- An assessment will be administered for computer and communication skills.
- If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job (e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of your employment.
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate related operating companies. As of December 31, 2019, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $32.2 billion of total assets under management, including over 2,100 properties, and employed approximately 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had nearly 50,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. To learn more about The RMR Group, please visit www.rmrgroup.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.