Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and resolves daily tenant concerns regarding property tenant services by communicating with tenants on the phone, in writing, or in person, in order to maintain high tenant satisfaction.
- Facilitates daily meetings with architects, construction contractors, and tenants to oversee tenant space buildouts/improvements in order to maintain a high quality of construction and to ensure compliance with construction drawings or building codes.
- Monitors the performance of contractors working on the property daily in order to ensure adherence to work orders and the budgets. Requests and reviews the required insurance certificates in order to ensure adequate coverage in accordance with the contracts in place for the work being performed.
- Maintains excellent tenant relations by making regular rounds of the property and visiting with tenants to learn of their satisfaction or concerns with the property. Arranges for follow up on needed maintenance, repairs and adjustments.
- Provides walking tours of vacant building space, as requested, to prospective tenants in order to obtain new leases, renewal of existing leases, and keep the property operating profitable, except at properties where this is done by local leasing agents.
- Reviews property expense invoices as needed for accuracy and facilitates preparation and manager approval of vouchers in order to facilitate prompt payment by the corporate accounting department.
- Assists in preparing the annual budget for the property by gathering expense information throughout the year and calculating future expenses based on this historical information.
- Adheres to the Madison Marquette Standards and participates in necessary Standards training.
- Some travel may be required.
- Prepares monthly property financial reports (such as variance and activity reports) for corporate office and property manager review.
- Assists in checking tenant billing worksheets in order to verify accuracy of the billings sent from Accounting.
- Assists in investigating tenant delinquencies by contacting the tenant and/or the Accounting Department in order to ensure prompt payment or to learn the status of the delinquencies.
- Indirectly supervises all building contractors working on the property and directly supervises all personnel in manager's absence.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and total accounts.
- Computes and records changes, refunds, costs of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Types vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Reconciles bank statement.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from accredited four-year college or university.
- Two or four year’s related experience (required) and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Active CA real estate salesperson license
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Write reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Solve practical problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the location, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 50% of the work day.
The job tasks are performed in an office environment with moderate environmental conditions present, such as temperature, noise levels, etc. Occasionally exposed to inclement weather, dust, and mechanical and electrical hazards.
- 2 - 4 years: 2-4 years experience
- Bachelors or better