Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
We are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to support the Property Manager in the day-to-day operation of the property; assumes leadership and initiative in the absence of the Property Manager. Collaborates with site team and residents to create and strengthen a healthy community, facilitate on-site communication, and monitor property goals.
**This is a brief description summarizing the abilities and skills needed for the position.**
Education: High school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of one year administrative, office, accounting, and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Take direction from a supervisor.
- Meet deadlines.
- Ability to assume leadership and take initiative in the absence of a manager.
- Work in a collaborative manner as a member of a site team.
- Use a computer for word processing and occupancy software.
- Learn and adhere to complex regulatory requirements
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Enters data in resident accounts receivable ledgers; codes invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with resident records documentation to comply with appropriate affordable housing regulations.
- On a monthly basis, assists with collection of rent and other income, makes bank deposits, and forwards receipts to National Office.
- Assists with the leasing process from initial application to move-in.
- Responds to customer service requests and ensures timely and satisfactory completion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled